Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Game Day

There was school before heading to town.

That's handy parking.


We got here early enough to walk around for a while and enjoy the sights before going to the game.
This is the cleanest city we've seen.
Jake knows Elvis as well as anyone else on this walk of fame.
 There was  jubilant anticipation in the air today as Paraguay was in town to take on USA.  This group of fans is making their way to the field in the back ground.  We met Paraguay fans who'd driven 11 hours from Maryland to watch the game.

We've gotta back track!  I forgot to get pictures at all the hard Rock cafes in the other cities!


The Ryman is the hall credited with the dubious distinction of the birthplace of bluegrass in 1945.

This group of guys from home flew to Detroit, rented a van and followed the Canucks on this road trip.  They made watching the warm up very fun.  We felt like we were with family.
Guess which Sedin.


Hint #1
Hint #2

If you still don't know, I'm sorry for bothering you, but they'll probably be 1,2 in the scoring race this year, and for me it was the biggest honour to see them up close.
The equipment manager called Jake and James over to the glass at different times to reward their fanaticism with an Ehrhoff and a Salo stick.  A great day just got way better!
Game on!

We won 3-1 with an empty net goal, and the third period was worth the drive.
On our way out we joined the crazies in a rousing rendition of our anthem.  I heard one of the preds fans say, "I hope their bus crashes."...........What fun!
It's nice to be able to blog without talking... 
...I may not have my voice back for a while.

3 comments:

  1. Charlene says: Paraguay?!! That's our homeland (well it's not mine but I'll speak for Kenny on this one!)
    Brayden says: James, don't get that stick all scratched up and dirty!
    Ethan says: I hope you guys will have fun with those sticks!
    Charlene says again: Hold onto those sticks because one day they could pay for your education!! They will be worth TONS when the Canucks WIN THE CUP this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have envied many of your adventures...but this one the most! No baby news yet...stay tuned! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool guys! I'm pretty sure I saw Jake on TV as the players were coming out on the ice.

    Oh, I'm not sure if you heard the news that we're moving down to your "neck of the woods", pastoring in Cherryville. Looking forward to being closer to you again :)

    ReplyDelete