Saturday, October 16, 2010

Some more on Quebec

This is a regular occurence.
 The major migration of about 1.4 million snow geese has a stop over near St. Anne du Beauppre.
They are all Canadian by birth, but spend their winters in New Jersey.
Jake and Janna wanted to take these heads with them, but James did not grow very attached to the foot.  Tori is a good sport, but does not appreciate her own potential as a model................which is good I think.

They will be here 5 - 10 days filling up on ribozome on the tidal flats.  They could easily beat this tanker to New Jersey because they'll fly nonstop averaging 65 km/hr for the full 1000km.

I stuck my camera up against the tourist viewer for this picture.  The guy beside me had packed thousands of dollars worth of equipment in to take pictures.  Boy I bet he felt silly beside me.

I think there are about 40 000 geese in this picture.

This island was the place of the first French settlers and the first Irish people fleeing the famines.


 This morning I saw a cow on this horizon.

Inside St. Annes Cathedral.

Cruise Quebec on foot.

 One more legislative tour before heading South.

 This one they call a National Assembly

3 comments:

  1. I can't even tell you how hilarious that picture of Yvette with the kids is! They look so bored! Priceless! I guess not every single second of your journey is jammed packed with buckets of excitment! Hey we want to skype you guys soon. Hopefully we can figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to "see" what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. to janna
    I miss you!
    Alexa

    ReplyDelete